Trócaire is a partnership agency that works with local organisations and civil society groups, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change.
Trόcaire has been operational in Gedo region of Southern Somalia since 1992 responding to both humanitarian and development needs in the region. The size and scope of the programme has expanded over the years and currently consists of Health, Nutrition, WaSH, Protection and Resilience Work across five districts of Gedo region.
Protection of women and girls is a niche area for Trocaire globally. In Somalia, Trócaire has developed health responses to gender-based violence, including clinical management of rape services (CMR) in four districts of Gedo, Somalia. The clinical team composed of medical doctors and midwifes provide clinical management of rape and intimate partner violence survivors services in line with international standards (WHO, 2019) and offer medical response to GBV survivors
Trócaire is currently expanding gender-based violence (GBV) programmes in Gedo, focusing on both response and prevention (including behaviour change) strategies. This programme will be linked to both the humanitarian response and gender pillars in Trócaire’s country programme. Trócaire co-chairs the GBV sub-cluster in Gedo and is committed to coordinated, holistic, survivor-centred GBV multi-sectoral interventions in line with international standards (Inter-Agency Minimum Standards for GBV in Emergencies Programming, 2019).
In supporting both the implementing partner and Trocaire to establish WGCs and run regular activities for women, girls the GBV PO is responsible for,
Programme Cycle Management (35%)
· Support partners and provide capacity building assistance in implementation and tracking of project activities; monitoring, evaluation and learning; budget monitoring and project adaptation
· Ensure that partners to provide timely and quality reports to Trócaire, both narrative and financial, in line with donor requirements
· Review and assess programme progress, including through regular partner meetings and follow up with communities care interventions.
· Work with the Protection Coordinator to update project quarterly and monthly work plans, and report on progress.
· Contribute to the design of GBV projects for the Trocaire Somalia under the guidance of the Protection Coordinator, and responsible for planning and timely implementation of GBV protection activities, ensuring adherence to Trocaire policies and procedures
· Ensure GBV principles and guidelines are known and strictly followed by all GBV staff and ensure GBV activities are always implemented in accordance with international standards.
· Overall responsible for rigorous application of project cycle management standards to achieve program quality in design, implementation, and monitoring; for example, strengthening data collection, in-depth reporting and analyses, monitoring accountability initiatives, and documenting the impact of EIDHR Work in Gedo
· Compile monthly cash forecasts for the GBV project and track budget expenditures to ensure timely utilization of funds vis-a-vis work plans and implementation schedules, and adjust budget forecasts when needed.
· Oversee quality implementation of Trocaire run interventions including training of health staff, women centre activities and health response services.
· Support in developing new programme proposal to secure continued funding for the programme
· Identify new and emerging needs and support response to new emergencies as required.
Programme Quality and MEAL (35%)
· With support from Trocaire’s Protection Coordinator and MEAL Coordinator, provide ongoing technical assistance to partners to ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with accepted international standards, including those for protection, GBV and accountability
· Work with partners to develop and implement Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans that are based on baseline data and clear indicators of impact
· In coordination with the MEAL Advisor, support partners in conducting M&E activities, including developing monitoring tools, collecting and analysing data and drafting M&E reports
· Ensure that learning is captured, documented and shared
· Promote accountability of partners and Trocaire to target communities.
Representation and Coordination (20%)
· Help to build and maintain professional relations with relevant organisations including the UN cluster system, Government departments, NGOs and donors
· Represent Trócaire, and the work and perspectives of our partners, at all relevant cluster and coordination meetings
· Accompany visitors to project sites as required.
· Ensure close coordination and proactive communication with the Protection Coordinator and Trócaire’s wider programme team on all aspects of programming.
· Build close collaboration with the women group as focal point for Trocaire.
· Plan, coordinate, and oversee center and staff work plans and ensure they are on track.
· Foster a relationship of accompaniment, close mentoring and mutual respect with Trócaire’s implementing partners
Fulfil other reasonable duties and responsibilities, as required by line management