Vacancy Announcement: Roving Human Resources Officer
Organization: Adeso : African Development Solutions
Position Title: Roving Human Resources Officer
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
Working with: Field And Nairobi Staff
Programme / Duty station: Badhan, Sanaag with 70% Travel to Somalia Field Offices
Duration: One year (Renewable)
Starting date: Immediately
Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, the Roving Human Resource Officer will be responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, new employee induction, benefits administration, staff development and capacity building.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Selection
· Regularly update and train staff and managers on HR policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
· Ensure all staff have the correct job descriptions and a copy of each in their personnel file.
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with recruitment partners, organizations, and other team members to create a partnership that yields success.
· Leverage online recruiting resources to identify and recruit the very best candidates
· Create and foster relationships with diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit diverse candidates.
· Review applications and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
· Prescreens candidates. Create and present prescreening questions to hiring managers for collaboration and approval.
· In coordination with hiring managers prepares candidates by providing detailed information on the company, department background, job descriptions and expectation-setting.
· Interviews all candidates presented for final interviewing by managers and includes the use of competency based interviewing techniques and methodologies.
· Organizes, leads and documents post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams
· Manages the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components of finalizing the recruitment process.
· Develops an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire as succession planning needs dictate.
· Stays informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in recruiting practices.
· Optimal use of the recruitment budget; reduce agency recruitment costs by handling recruitments in-house.
· Create a Brand for Adeso as an employer of choice in the region so as to attract and retain the best professionals.
New staff Orientation & Training
· Onboarding process:
a) Facilitating on boarding of expatriate staff by coordinating with operations department to source for flights and temporary accommodation as needed respectively.
b) Sharing the new staff details with IT for email setup and access to the organization information sites.
· Email introduction of new staff.
· Employee induction guided by the induction workflow chart; Participation in the induction of new employees to ensure that the employees clearly understand the organization, its mission, vision and goals.
· Maintain orientation system and documents/packets.
· Ensure all new international and national staff receive orientation (in Nairobi and at site).
· Provide HR Policies/benefits orientation as appropriate to staff member.
· Make follow up on all new employees during their first three months to monitor their progress
· Facilitating enrolment of staff on health and life insurance, personal accident insurance, WIBA, pension or other insurance benefits.
· Ensure employee medical records are up to date and that arrangements are made for any medical treatment that is required; ensure that staff have current Insurance Cards.
· Termination of staff from the benefits after exits or as advised.
· Facilitating payments for medical premiums for both local and international medical service providers.
· Update staff list of all staffs to Insurance providers (quarterly), reconcile staff records/ information with the insurance providers and manage the employer page on Cigna envoy.
· Process insurance claims on behalf of national staff and ensure that all relevant policies are up to date.
· Support the HR Manager in Salary and benefits surveys.
· Job Evaluation for developing benefits and compensation program.
· Focal point for medical, GPA, WIBA, Life, Evacuation, Pension benefits.
· Follow up with finance to ensure compliance and submission statutory deductions-(NSSF, NHIF, PAYE)
· Ensuring the employee data/information is up to date with the statutory bodies: KRA, NSSF, NHIF etc.
Staff Development/ Capacity Building
· Analyse the training needs from performance appraisals and identify available trainings to cater for these needs.
· Update the training matrix and share with managers on all the available training throughout the year.
· Organize training activities for staff.
· Provide guidance and training internal HR field staff on matters relating to HR best practices and Adeso procedures.
· Keep track of all training and liaise with the HR field team to provide any training information.
· Maintain a database for all the Adeso trainings: both external and in-house trainings.
· Facilitate the payments for all external trainings.
· Focal point for Industrial Training Authority: update Adeso staff list with the authority and facilitate payment of annual levy.
· Carry out periodic surveys for market trends; in compensation, HR Best practices.
· Carry out internal surveys to understand the employee satisfaction levels.
· Weekly recruitment reports.
· Assist in preparing departmental updates for the quarterly report.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· College degree in related field plus two years of experience in an HR generalist role.
· Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
· Effective oral and written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Fluent in spoken and written Somali.
· Knowledge of Somalia and Somaliland Employment Law .
· Proven ability to effectively multi-task.
· Proven ability to research and analyse a variety of different data models.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels of the organization and potential job candidates.
· Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database management.