Required Skills and Experience
· Enrolment in a graduate school programme or in the final academic year of a first university degree programme in Political Science, Economics, International Development or any other relevant field. Graduates with a university degree, including a master/doctoral degree, are also welcomed to apply, but they must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
· Experience in research, drafting and editing documents is an asset;
· Understanding of Turkmenistan’s political and socio-economic situation is an asset;
· Fluency in English, Russian and Turkmen;
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Turkmenistan Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
• Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
(c) have recently graduated with a university degree, and if selected must start the internship within one-year period of graduation;
(d) be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship programme and undertake the internship as part of this programme.
• Be computer literate in standard software applications and preferably skilled in one of the graphic design/video editing software;
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
Potential candidates will be contacted directly for further consideration.
How to Apply: The candidate should apply online through the Job Site website by submitting his/her CV accompanied with motivation letter.
Selected candidate must submit following documents:
· a duly completed UNDP internship application form;
· a letter from your university confirming current enrolment and graduation date;
· a copy of your school transcript;
· endorsement letter or letter of reference from a faculty member.
Kindly note that selected intern will be required the following:
· a Medical Certificate of Good Health from a recognized physician
· proof of medical insurance valid for Turkmenistan for duration of contract;
Starting January 2020 the UNDP will provide a stipend to all interns.
The stipend has been set at 45% of the UNDP Service Contract scale at the SC1/1 level at each duty station.
UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months.
UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship. Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UN but to complement an intern’s studies.
Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internsh