The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Arrange and maintain WR’s calendar of appointments, internal/external meetings including with high-ranking officials, receive visitors, place and receive telephone calls and answer queries, provide informal translation and take notes and minutes/action points during meetings, as required.
2. Receive, screen and route correspondence; undertake searches for information and provide background, as required; compile briefing materials needed by the Representative for use on official trips or special meetings, select and make pertinent abstracts.
3. Maintain contacts with different external partners including counterparts and officials in government institutions and diplomatic missions as needed; keep close contacts with counterparts in sister UN agencies; arrange and coordinate meetings as appropriate, maintain follow up system in relation to external contacts.
4. Draft internal memos and routine correspondence, type documents and reports, some of which are confidential, prepare tables, graphs and power point presentations, review correspondence/ document for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements.
5. Organize the WR’s travel: this includes raising travel requests in the Global Management System (GSM), requesting itineraries, obtaining visas, arranging hotel bookings, requesting security clearance, etc., and following up/keeping records on the submission of the WR’s duty travel reports.
6. Ensure timely renewal of WR’s & staff residency permits, UN Laissez Passer and other personal documents including UNIDs, MOFA card extensions and visas.
7. Maintain and update the WR’s library, list of contacts of different stakeholders, technical records, reference material and confidential files (paper based and electronic copies).
8. Monitor availability of office stationary and supplies, follow up on placing orders, receiving and monitoring them.
9. Assist in administrative matters and meetings as needed, including briefing junior administrative staff and replace other staff as required. Organize social events as requested.