Trócaire is a partnership based Irish NGO supporting local civil society organizations working in more than 20 countries. Trocaire Somalia country programme focuses on health, nutrition and education in Gedo region in Somalia. A vacancy has arisen in Gedo Somalia for the position of a Zonal Coordinator to be based in Luuq.
The position of a Zonal Coordinator is essential in strengthening and ensuring quality programmes services is provided in the facilities.
The Zonal Coordinators is tasked with responsibility of coordinating district health services and ensuring that quality health and nutrition services is provided in collaboration with the partners and all other stakeholders in respective districts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports and ensuring that expenditure incurred is within the budget limits and utilised in accordance with financial procedures provided.
· Requisition of zonal financial expenditure requirements as planned or as per routine expenses
· Preparing and reconciliation of Zonal floats for submission to the Nairobi finance department
· Ensuring that transactions are fully supported, approved and properly filed.
· Prepare and submit the Zones payroll preparation for processing in Nairobi office as delegated and in a timely manner.
· In charge of all programme funds/requisitions transferred to field administrators as approved from Nairobi office. Ensure that surrender is done on a timely manner with proper documentations
· Actively follow-up health facilities to ensure that data is received on time, having been verified by the relevant coordinators for accuracy and quality and will raise queries with regards to any obvious gaps or anomalies.
· Responsible for drafting and compiling Zonal facility monthly and quarterly reports and ensuring timely submission of the same to Programme coordinator.
· Review and ensure proper data entry at all levels of the health programme and will ensure that each unit has clearly maintained documentation of health data in hard copy registers and reports.
· With the help of Gedo programme coordinator prepare statistical reports and graphic presentations of information for internal and external reports in a timely manner
· Conduct regular backup of the health data on a reliable media to preserve the institutional records.
· Ensuring timely collection, compilation, recording in the HMIS database and transmission of data to HMIS Coordinator and other relevant stakeholders for analysis and action.
· Participate in organizing relevant HMIS training for health staff in Gedo Region and provide on job training and supportive supervision to all Health Workers on HMIS protocols.
· Update the organization on the current staffing and keep record of the zones facilities staff.
· Prepare staff duty roosters in consultation with hospital matron and other DHMT members.
· Up-grade knowledge and skills of the health personnel in the hospital and MCHs through job training and mentoring to nurse, midwives and auxiliaries.
· Plan, manage, supervise and evaluate all programs under his/her care
· Support and assist in the design and implementation of health and nutrition programmes in the district and serve as the zones coordinator of district health services in either Luuq/Dollow/Belet Xawa districts through monitoring/supervisory visits to the health facilities in collaboration with partners on monthly basis
· Responsible for direct management of the entire health and nutrition programmes and managing staff in collaboration with the partners and consultation with Health and Nutrition coordinator and Health programmes manager
· Discus as well as coordinates health programs with partners on routine basis
· Coordinate inter-agency/local authority health meeting in respective district
· Ensure donor reporting guidelines are adhered to by the health and nutrition teams
· Assess the health priorities within an area by estimation from available data and by means of simple surveys.
Advocacy and Communication
· Support health and nutrition teams to gather lessons learnt, best practice and stories of change across the programme.
· Advisory role to partners in planning and organization of the following services in consultation with partner coordinator and Health and nutrition coordinator.
· Ensure adequate supplies of programme running materials/stationary at all levels and compile procurement requisitions in Gedo quarterly.
· In charge receiving and distribution of programme supplies up to their final destinations and ensure proper documentation to support the activity.
· Maintain and regularly update an accurate fixed assets register for the Zone.
· To control and monitor that necessary drugs and other medical equipments are constantly present and correctly working in the hospital
· Lead and motivate partners and Staff achieve programme results
· Availability of accurate, quality and timely health data to inform health programme management.
· The health data storage system is accessible to relevant stakeholders, comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date. All data is stored effectively in hard and soft copy with the requisite backup procedures in place.
· Degree in public health or development studies
· Minimum 4 years experience in managing a health programmes preferably with an international NGO
· Computer literate
· High level of reliability, objectivity and honesty
· Somali National or Somali speaker is desirable for this position
Desired skills and competencies:
. Strong financial & report writing skills with ability to collate and analyse information
· Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, ability to work under pressure and good communication skills.
· High standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity