Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
The position will assist the project officer on the implementation of the project water trucking wash assistant will closely work with the project officer about the water tracking and that monitoring of the water tracking and water delivery so water is available in the sites which project is being implementing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Monitor the work, progress tracking and prepare regular progress of work to be submitted to the Area Office In charge.
§ Maintain a filing system for all site memos and instructions, measured quantities of work, reports, and an electronic library of photos and other documents and correspondence pertaining to the project activities
§ Report the Project Manager on levels of completion of all WASH activities in field level through weekly reporting
§ External coordination with respective line ministries and clusters on regular basis and project update sharing.
§ Be familiar with, and ensure the adherence to, the organization’s policies and procedures.
§ Abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, HAP, and Islamic Relief’s policies and procedures.
§ Any other assignment given by supervisor/line management.
Qualifications, Experience and skills
How to apply:
· IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account: [email protected] and include the following:
· An updated CV; and · An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your National ID card or passport
· And contact information for three work-related referees.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as WASH ASSISTANT**