NCA wishes to recruit a solar technician to work with community managed solar systems. The solar technician will provide overall advice on all matters related to installation and maintenance of solar systems. Conduct capacity building trainings for stakeholders involved in the operation of solar systems
Roles and Responsibilities of the job holder
• Conduct training for communities on the design, construction of solar water pumping systems.
• Training of water supply operators/ technicians on the operation and maintenance of solar water pumping systems.
• Advise the communities/NCA on the appropriate spare parts supply for effective maintenance of solar water pumping systems
• Conduct on the job/participatory training on the construction and installation and operation of solar water pumping systems for community managed water systems.
• Prepare Operation and Maintenance manuals for community water systems.
• Assist the relevant stakeholders at community level to develop their capacity and skills to operate and maintain solar pumping systems.
• Conduct routine maintenance of solar pumping systems installed in the target communities, advise on proper operation and maintenance procedures to reduce incidence of breakdowns
• Supervise the installation of solar pumping systems and during the defects liability period to ensure that defects in solar installation are rectified by contractors and prepare completion and payment certificates.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education: Diploma in electrical or electronics engineering, experience with installation of solar systems
• Technical training in solar power installation and installation of solar water pumping systems
• Experience in solar pumping system design.
• Experience in training development and delivery for community driven programs
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
• Good knowledge of Somali language will be an advantage.
• Good understanding of the project locations in Gedo region
• Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and team working skills
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
• Ability to work independently whenever required
Excellent spoken and written English and Somali.
How to apply:
The successful candidate will be expected to have a proper understanding, interpretation and commitment to NCA’s vision, mission, values and strategies. NCA upholds the right of equal opportunity and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating current and expected remuneration, a detailed C.V. and copies of their certificates and any other supporting documents to: [email protected] ; By 28th February 2019