VSF Germany is implementing the project ‘***Securing livelihoods of agro-pastoralists through setting up and strengthening of livestock sector value chains promoting infrastructure and generating income’ for the next 33 months (1st June, 2016 to 31st April, 2019) with funding from BMZ. The project will be implemented in *Somaliland: Galbeed, Maroodjeex region covering Hargeisa, Gebiley and Balligubadle districts.
The overall objective of the programme is to improve livelihood of dairy and meat-producing agro-pastoralists and of members of the milk and meat value chain through increased income and, thus improve access to animal products at local markets for consumers in order to ensure their supply with high-quality protein. To effectively implement this project VSFG is seeking to employ a Field Logistician who has adequate expertise and experience in procurement and logistics management.
Purpose of the job: To provide the project staff with efficient logistical and procurement support ensuring effective project implementation. The Logistics Officer will be in charge of direct implementation of procurement activities in consultation with Project Manager and as requested by project staff.
Location: Hargeisa district with travels to other operation districts as may be required from time to time.
· Keeping and updating all administration filing systems of the project stores.
· Daily informing the line manager of VSF staff position in the field as well as security situation
· Ensuring that the records of the log book of the car are done properly
· Keeping the cash book of VSF-G and submitting the monthly expenditure schedules to the Field Admin/Finance Officer. Expenditure will be done under the supervision of the line manager.
· Responsible for the VSF office cleanliness and maintenance. This includes supervision of the support staff (if any) to ensure the efficiency in the performance of their duties.
· Keeping daily telephone/radio contacts with staff in Hargeisa and the offices in Gabiley and Balligubadle districts and keeping an updated staff messages book.
· Booking VSF staff and cargo as requested on EC and WFP/UNHAS or commercial flights in collaboration with the RON logistics
· Ordering items in time on behalf of the line manager and staff
· Keeping stock cards updated for all stores at all times.
· Keeping an updated inventory of all VSF-G permanent properties (office, store, tukuls) and field locations and sending it to Nairobi office
· Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment in the whole office.
· Responsible for the VSF vehicle (according to the guidelines)
· Responsible for the accomodation and transport for VSF staff and goods
· Driving safely (must wear safety belt)
· Maintenance of the vehicle
· Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum qualifications and work experience
· At least 1 year experience in logistics position within an international organization
· Computer skills with ability to use the Microsoft office packages.
· A diploma in administration, logistics or related fields
· Working knowledge of Hargeisa and Somalialand in general
· Experience in security management is a an advantage
· Clean driving license with more than 3 years driving experience
· English language is mandatory (both oral and written)
· Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
· Ability to work without constant supervision
· Good organizational skills, co-ordination and the transfer of knowledge
· Good communication skills and a commitment to team work