INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
1. Terms of reference
Job title: Protection Coordinator
Location: Nairobi (50% of the time) with frequent travel to Somalia (50% of the time)
Reporting to: Head of Mission (HoM)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Ending date: 31st of December 2016
2. Tasks and responsibilities
The Protection Coordination will oversee the implementation of all INTERSOS Protection within Somalia mission. The position is the first responsible for technical and managerial oversight and implementation of INTERSOS Somalia Protection Programming. Ensure cohesion among INTERSOS protection activities as well as linkage between INTERSOS projects to provide a comprehensive response to the protection needs.
1) Coordination of Protection Department
2) Provide technical advice, training and mentoring for staff on protection databases and adherence to data protection protocols
· Supervise and support the protection Project Managers by providing technical and programme support in the following areas: staff recruitment, preparation of timely and quality project narrative reports according to donors’ requirement; supervision of the correct implementation of the projects in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements; monitor protection projects through follow up of the PATs.
· Provide technical support for protection, gender, age and diversity mainstreaming throughout the projects. Special attention will be given to GBV and CP including design of community-prevention and outreach methodologies and materials involving a wide range of stakeholders;
· Review weekly activity reports, case management forms and provide advice and supervision on case management, psychosocial support and CMR direct service delivery;
3. Required profile/experience
· Social Science, Community Development, Psychology or Social Work degree and/or equivalent practical field experience, preferably with a humanitarian organisation;
· Minimum five years professional experience in CP and/or education programming, technical focus on education in emergency, children affected by armed conflict and other technical aspects of reintegration is an asset;
· Previous experience humanitarian project management is required;
· Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local and national authorities;
· Excellent organisational, teambuilding and participatory training skills and experience is required, as well as ability to work as part of a team;
· Project Management skills, including financial planning and documentation;
· Experience in psychosocial support, case management and alternative care for children is an asset;
· Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting writing and communication skills is required;
· Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
· Computer literate (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Access);
· Gender-sensitive and advocate for women, children and minority rights;
· Willing to work extra hours when necessary;
· Ability to travel frequently to different areas in Somalia working in stressful situations and at times, in hardship field locations.