Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
The FSL Project Assistant- will play a crucial role in the effective and timely implementation of FSL projects in Somaliland. The project Assistant will report to the project Officer in Hargiesa with close working relationship with the Programme Manager, Area Coordinator, logistics, Admin and HR team. The Project Assistant will ensure the highest level of data integrity and implementation of FSL Quality benchmarks and other CTP protocols and capacity building to the community mobilizers and beneficiaries.
· In Liaison with the project assistant, participated at field level coordination meeting with local government authorities and other agencies
· Assist the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with IRW program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Ensure target committee establishment with respective villages.
· Lead and coordinate selection of beneficiaries for registration and distributions.
· Ensure timely implementation of emergency response to the beneficiaries.
· Led post-distribution assessment/monitoring of beneficiaries before provision of second distributions.
· Be involved in community mobilization, targeting and monitor movement and distribution of project & Cash for Work (CFW) activities.
· Conduct regular follow up and joint close post-distribution monitoring on proper use of cash for the intended purposes.
· Verify and review targeted beneficiaries eligible for the provision of response
· Support reporting and monitoring and evaluation, assuring that quality reports are submitted using standard project formats and in a timely manner.
· Sign clear MOU with the village relief committees and share project information on the target beneficiaries for proper quality and timely provision of vet services
· Perform other duties of similar nature assigned by the supervisor or Area office in charge
· Work independently on tasks related to beneficiary registration and mobilization with periodic reporting and direction from supervisor;
· Make decisions on project implementation and its daily management responsibly based on available resources, skills and knowledge of staff and access to affected communities;
· Ensure implementation of locally appropriate and feasible projects in close consultation with local authorities and communities;
· Proper management of financial resources, equipment and project utilities.
· Work in adherence to IR’s policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
· Diploma/Degree in community development, Social Work, Agriculture/Livestock production, food security or socio-economic development related fields.
· Minimum of 2 years work experience in FSL work in the INGO/LNGO and UN environment, including exposure to field operations in both emergency and development programs based on cash transfer programming
· Strong reports writing skills
· Proficiency in computer applications including Word, excel, power point and other applications