Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia Since May 1992. Currently, Action Against Hunger is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and Responsibilities:
Action Against Hunger Somalia is looking for a suitable Somali National to fill the position of Program Development and Quality Coordinator (PDQC). The position will be based in Mogadishu -Somalia. The Program Development and Quality Coordinator** reports hierarchically and technically to the program Director
The Program Development and Quality Coordinator, Under the supervision of the Program Director, is responsible for the coordination and management to key program processes, particularly in proposal development, grants management and M&E. H/She coordinates with PD and relevant sector coordinators/specialist to ensure timely reporting to donors, developing and implementing Core Humanitarians Standards (CHS) within Somalia programme and contributing to donors and ACF internal compliance. Ultimately s/he contributes to increased programme quality by ensuring program coherence, implementing standards and appropriate learning from lessons learnt across the country programme
The Program Development and Quality Coordinator ‘s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Objective 1:Establish, train and lead PDQ setup at country level
· Develop a PDQ strategy and review organogram to reflect, functional PDQ capacity in line with AAH Country strategic vision
· Recruitment, train and manage qualified staff to carry out regular PDQ functions, Formal and on the job training for PDQ staff
· Provide support to the review and development of PDQ systems and tools, in collaboration with senior technical management and technical advisor teams of AAH.
· Supervise the development of a central information management system platform for AAH which will consolidate data and allow for timely reporting of progress towards key current contract, AAH standard program indicators, and feed into the mission information system
· Contribute to the appraisals of PDQ staff as required by ACF guidelines and ensure proper adequate training is carried out in view of career development and Mission Training Plans
Objective 2: Program Development and Technical Support
. Work closely with the PD, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to design competitive final proposals responsive to donor guidelines and requirements
· Coordinating with country and sub-offices on the delivery and timely submission of reports.
· Technically support teams in the capacity building and management of grants and awards
· Support the country and sub-offices to ensure the inclusion of programmatic strategies standards and policies in the program development process.
· Support the reviewing of proposals for consistency with the requirements of solicitations, requests or calls for proposals, predicting or preventing bottlenecks in the proposal development process and securing the necessary information to complete process.
· Support the Country Office(CO) in ensuring that the proposal development process takes into consideration the mainstreaming of global cross cutting themes such as Age, Gender and Diversity, and lessons learnt from previous programming
Objective 3:Communications and Reporting
· Contribute to the production of high quality program progress reports as per donor and AAH requirements.
· Ensure that program reporting needs, formats and timelines are updated and shared with all relevant staff.
· Ensure the PDQ team (working with the M&E Units) generates, documents, disseminates and communicates program stories, relevant best practices and key lessons; to donors, local authorities and other humanitarian and development partners.
· Ensure relevant communications tools and strategies are in place and all key staff involved in generating communication items are well versed with the tools/strategy and complying with its requirements.
Objective 4 : Support program monitoring and reporting:
· Provide technical input in the development of program monitoring and reporting plans
· Provide trainings to program teams on program activity monitoring and reporting
· Assist programs in defining sampling and assessment methodologies
· Assist programs on logical framework development
· Assist program teams in development of project specific databases
· Advise and update the Technical and Field Coordinators on all aspects of PQA regularly.
· Document lessons learned and best practices, produce case studies and human interest stories through knowledge capitalization workshops, production of learning documents and other means
· Organize learning, knowledge sharing and capitalization workshops and ensure knowledge is used in future program design
· Establish and monitor accountability mechanisms in line with HAP across the PCM
· Undertake internal project evaluations, support the development of Terms of Reference (TORs) and inception reports for external evaluations and manage evaluation consultants
· Support the quality, timeliness and dissemination of PDQ outputs internally and externally
· Ensure that lessons in planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and impact assessment are documented, shared and considered in the design of new projects and technical plans and are discussed during periodic program reviews and ultimately fed into current work and future program development.
Objective 5:Grant Management
· Support in ensuring maintenance of a robust Grants Management system
· Working with Finance and Administration, oversee tracking and measurement of grants burn rates, providing timely alerts on non-performance but also green flags for accomplishments.
· Ensure key award processes are in place and that relevant staff are aware of programmatic, financial and compliance requirements.
· Provide oversight in the review of strategic donors’ grants on a regular basis including management tools analyzing original plans and log frames against achievements.
· Ensure quality control of reports, in relation to donor requirements and consistency between narrative and financial reports.
· Facilitate the tracking of the overall program portfolio with donors and monitor investments/income from donors.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
· Master of Arts or Science/Bsc+5/6 (or higher) in International Relations/Affairs, Humanitarian Affairs, International Development, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Demographics or related field
· Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar role, with minimum 2 year humanitarian experience
· Experience in two or more country contexts preferred
· Fluency in English Skills and Experience
· Essential: Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills. Excellent influencing and negotiation skills. Excellent team management, budget management and representation competencies.
· Experience in humanitarian PQA or M&E. Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation. Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
· Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
· Skills on statistical and other software (SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.) Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases) and GIS. Experience in multi-sector and participatory assessments and data collection tools.
· Familiarity with ACF and acceptance of ACF’s principles.
Prior experience with ACF International. Prior experience in Somalia