CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of Position
Our client is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. The client is expanding its health programme Kismayo and neighboring areas within Kismayo District and Lower Juba region of Jubbaland. In addition, our client provides technical and operational support for primary healthcare service delivery at static health facilities, mobile medical clinics, and nutrition OTPs.
In this context, our client is recruiting a Health Programme Officer based in Kismayo to implement primary healthcare projects, ensuring delivery of high-quality healthcare to patients through static and mobile clinics, as well through community outreach.
Under the direct supervision of the Health Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing implementation of projects in Kismayo, including quality control of healthcare services at supported clinics, capacity building of seconded Ministry of Health clinical staff, administrative tasks to enable programme implementation, liaising with Ministry of Health and other government counterparts, and supporting new initiatives such as expansion of immunization services, expansion of nutrition programming, and community health initiatives to improve health outcomes and prevent disease outbreaks
Health Programme Coordinator
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances
CLOSING DATE IS 10TH SEPTEMBER 2019