CARE INTERNATIONAL IN SOMALIA
CARE USA Core Values Commitment:
The core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
The Monitoring and Learning Officers will be based in Kismayu respectively and will ensure monitoring, documentation, learning and communication work under the AGES project, which is an initiative of Urban Youth Program in south central Somalia. The ML Officers will be under the direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Knowledge Manager. In addition, she/he will be expected to maintain the project’s database and ensure its updated regularly and systematically.
2. KE Y AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
2.1. Project Monitoring (30%)
· Participate in the development of a monitoring and evaluation frameworks/ plans for LNGB project based on the indicators in the log-frame for effective qualitative and quantitative data collection.
· Track output-level changes on access (enrollment, attendance, and transition), economic empowerment, girls’ engagement in life skills training, and quality assurance processes at MoE level.
· Track immediate outcome-level changes on attendance, teaching practices, girls’ acquisition of leadership skills, parental behaviour and participatory education governance.
· Support the field team in their routine monitoring work especially in development of tools to facilitate the collection of reliable information.
· Under the guidance of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Knowledge Manager and in collaboration with the program team and beneficiary communities, monitor activities through site visits, remote data collection and use of participatory techniques.
· Support M & E capacity building activities including building the capacity of project officers, staff of partner agencies and CEC’s to track progress
2.2. Reporting and documentation (30%)
· Support program staff in compiling program reports and keeping a calendar of all program reports and flagging due reports to respective staff.
· Work with program team to document lessons, case studies, good practices and success stories in the course of work with the project and produce program bulletins.
· Lead the mainstreaming of accountability systems in the program work with support from the program teams.
· Contribute to sharing of experiences and learning with key stakeholders.
2.3. Maintaining the project data base (30%)
· In collaboration with the Monitoring and Learning Coordinator, contribute to the development of a database for the program.
· Manage project database on enrollment, attendance, and transition while also linking it to country M & E database. This involves updating the database routinely and systematically
2.4 General Responsibilities (10%)
· To fulfill any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the organization.
3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
3.1. Education and Training
3.2. Relevant Experience
3.3. Knowledge and desired skills
4. Decision Making Authority
5. Key Relationships
5.1. External Contacts
5.2. Internal Contacts
6. Direct Reports
7. Working Conditions
8. Core Values and Critical Competencies