OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Our client provides explosive hazard management capacities, including mitigation, to AMISOM as part of a logistical support package. Non-lethal tactical advice and analysis is delivered by our client technical advisors located in each AMISOM Sector Headquarters and at AMISOM Force Headquarters, who support AMISOM planning and operations. Our client support includes both enabling (“operate in spite of IEDs”) and response (“defeat the device”). It also supports the Federal Government of Somalia, including the Somali Police Force, Somali Explosive Management Authority and National Security Advisor.
The Mobile Vehicle Checkpoint Technical Officer reports to the Project Manager Police and Somalia Security Force (SSF). His/her role is to assist with the management, delivery and performance of assigned projects, including, supporting capacity building of the Somali police. S/he is expected to meet and exceed the organizations performance and delivery goals.
Mobile Vehicle Checkpoint
Actively interact with the PM to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
Any ad hoc duties requested by the Project Manger Police and SSF.
The position will directly report to the Project Manager Police and Somalia Security Force (SSF)
Candidates having team management experience is desirable.
§ Master’s degree in Business Administration,international relations or a related subject with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration ,international relations or a related subject with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience OR Military Experience at the Officer level or Warrant Officer/Senior NCO with a minimum of 11 years of relevant experience..
§ Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Administration experience.
§ Minimum of 4 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
§ Fluency in English (essential) and Somali (desirable).
• Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in in Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security Development Studies, Project Management and Development or related field with 2 (two) years of relevant experience; OR
• A first-level university degree (bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in in Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security Development Studies, Project Management and Development or related field with 4 (four) years of relevant experience; OR
• Highschool with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
• Relevant experience is defined as an experience in Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security Development Studies, Project Management and Development, Law enforcement, Police or liaison.
• Within relevant experience, a minimum of 1 years of experience in project development, , project coordination , operations or training is required;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience of working with police or security sector reform is desired.
• Proficiency in computer skills, including MS office, is required.
• Experience in report writing is required.
• Fluency in English Language (reading, writing and speaking) is required.
• Fluency in Somalia Language (reading, writing and speaking) is Desired.
Partnering – Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others.
Integrity & Inclusion – Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Solution Focused – Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving
Leading Self and Others – Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
Results Orientation – Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries
Agility – Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Effective Communication – Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground
Other relevant information:
To be advised.