The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Somalia is an International Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and operating in Somalia. ADRA is seeking services of a professionally qualified and experienced Legal Expert to work with the Somalia Federal Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education and Regional Administration to enhance cooperation between both parties.
The tasks of the Legal Expert
Qualifications and Expertise of the Consultant:
· Advanced University Degree (PhD or equivalent) in Law/Jurisprudence.
· At least 10 years of professional experience in law/jurisprudence/legislation.
· Strong knowledge in legal frameworks. Previous experience in legal frameworks for education sectors within the Horn of Africa Region will be an advantage.
· Demonstrated experience with EU, UN or INGO projects.
· Demonstrated experience of working in conflict/post conflict Regions.
· Ability and willingness to work and travel in high security environments.
· Previous working experience in Somalia/Horn of Africa.
· Fluency in English. Fluency in Somali will be an added advantage.
· Willingness to travel to different locations of South Central Somalia.