Vacancy reference no.: VAC-0126
Position: IT Assistant
Place of performance: Mogadishu, Somalia
Contract duration: up to 12 months
Starting date: 1-Jul-2016
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
• Project – EMSA (Explosive Management Support to AMISOM) The parent project of UNMAS Somalia. The primary role is providing tactical, operational and technical advice on a broad range of counter-IED activities and explosive management (clearance, stockpiling, disarming and disposal).
• IT Associate Officer shall work under the overall supervision of the IT/IM Officer and in consultation with the Programme Manager. The holder of the position will take the lead on the integration process of UNMAS ICT network to UNSOS with a total phase out of UNMAS IT department by June 2017
• Plan and coordinate UNMAS ICT services integration to UNSOS to ensure smooth transition in Mogadishu and Sectors
• Carryout regular sector visits to manage integration stakeholders and achieve planned integration goals
• Plan and execute phase out and closure of UNMAS ICT Services after successful integration to UNSOS
• Develop and implement post integration UNMAS ICT services setup
• Plan and coordinate with asset management post integration usage and disposal of IT equipment
• Management, maintenance and continuous monitoring of operations’ critical components like system servers – i.e file, application, print, backup and video conferencing equipment
• Configuration and management of all Cisco equipment Next Generation Firewall Firewalls , Routers, Call Manager, Cisco WLAN controller, Cisco AP and others
• Management, routine & corrective maintenance of the office Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area network (WAN), VPNs and IP telephony systems
• Proactive monitoring in real-time, keeping daily log of ICT infrastructure health status including file server, WASP, Network policy /RADIUS authentication server, DHCP, DNS, Layer2/Layer 3 Switches, Firewalls, Wireless controller and access points
• Keep data center/server room in check for optimum power backup, recommended humidity levels and air conditioning to maximize ICT service delivery
• Follow up and implementation of backup and disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Troubleshooting of all hardware/software related issues
• Performance of minor repairs on hardware equipment, as required
• User support training and familiarization on hardware, software ,network access and applications like office, windows, outlook, file servers
• Provide support to users with LAN, desktop access and standard software applications
• Outline IT systems requirement specifications with procurement section prior to start procurement process
• Receive, verify and inspection of all ICT hardware and software equipment procured for the program in conjunction with the logistics and procurement section
• Contribution to ICT business processes, mapping and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management
• Enforce ICT security policy as per guidelines
• Creation and maintenance of all ICT inventory, including hardware and software
• Continual service improvement to end users
• Contribute and assist IT/IM Officer in the implementation of an IT work plan
• Preparation and implementation of all sector visits in consultation with IT/IM Officer
• Undertake other similar duties as may be assigned by IT/IM Officer
• Bachelor’s degree or equal in applied IT
• Cisco Certified Network Associate or Cisco Certified Network Professional or equivalent
• At least 4 years’ experience in IT and database support
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft windows 2008,2012 servers
• Experience within the UN system is essential
§ Bachelor’s degree in IT.
§ Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Information Technology experience.
§ Local experience in Mogadishu is an advantage.
§ Fluency in English is essential.
• Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep; informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
• Communication- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informedSpeaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
• Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
• Technological Awareness – Keeps abreast of available technology; Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; Shows willingness to learn new technology •
Creativity – Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks outside the box; Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches
Other relevant information: