Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. In Somalia SOS Children’s Villages is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations world-wide. We build families for neglected, abandoned or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking for our team in the National Office a committed Institutional Partnership Development Manager.
The Institutional Partnership Development Manager supports and advises the National Association in the development of partnerships with institutions, in order to significantly diversify and increase the financial resources available for national programs. S(h)e works with the National Director and the Program Team to drive growth of funding income and portfolio of public grants in the country through grant acquisition, management support and training. He/she develops and implements institutional partnership strategies and is a key contributor to the growth of the funding portfolio as well as day to day donor relationship management with bilateral donors, international organizations, governmental institutions, embassies and any other concerned national or international organizations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
a) Grant Acquisition
b) Donor Contract Management
· Responsible for Donor Contract Management (DCM) of institutional (restricted) grants, including contract preparation, development of consortium agreements, teaming agreements compliance with donor requirements, submission of reports.
· Develop, maintain and monitor a risk register and donor compliance check lists for each grant ensuring compliance to all donor requirements
· Update the grant management system for the management of grants
· Ensure all funding files, (electronic, system and paper) are complete and kept up to date.
· Undertake routine donor contract administration for country programmes including maintenance of records on donor contracts.
· Establish a close working relationship with the Finance and Program Departments and provide advice to ensure synergy in donor budgeting, contract management and reporting.
d) Strategy, Capacity Building
e) Partnership Development and Networking
Qualifications, Experience and Skills