Project Holder: Ministry of Health
Project: Sool and Sanaag Health Project
Fund: Somaliland Development Fund
IFA Title: Consulting opportunity for Human Resources Expert for Capacity Assessment of Las Anod and Erigavo Hospitals, Somaliland
IFA No.: P234
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 – year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of the Sool and Health Project implemented by the Ministry of Health in Somaliland. This project will re-activate these two hospitals through: 1) Capacity Development and System building 2) Rehabilitation of the Infrastructure, re-equipping and resupply of essential medicines, 3) Development of management and quality assurance systems and policies and 4) financial support (gradually reducing) to salaries, supplies and running costs for a period of one and half years in Las Anod and Erigavo Hospitals of Sool and Sanaag regions of Somaliland. The MoH intends to use a part of the funding for engage the services of a Human Resources Expert to assist the Ministry in conducting a capacity assessment the two hospitals. The Human Resources Expert will work in a team of four experts led by a Team Leader who is a clinical Expert. The other members of the team are a Pharmaceutical/Medical Equipment Expert and a Financial Management Expert.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified professionals to apply for this assignment.
The expert will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
· At least a Master’s degree in Organisational Development, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or related discipline;
· Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
· Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
· At least 10 years’ experience in working as human resource expert, public administration or institutional development expert; and
· Experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states.
Specific professional experience
· At least 7 years’ experience in conducting human resources reviews, assessments and training needs assessments; and
· The expert should have conducted at 2 assessments similar to the one proposed in the ToRs in the last 5 years.