DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
Responsible for carrying out HR and administrative tasks. Works within the HR & administration policies & procedures of DRC and in compliance with all national acts and legislation at base level. This role has a base focus. The HR & Admin Officer contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience, education & technical competencies
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: 1 March 2019
Duty station: Beletweyn
Reporting to: Base Manager with technical supervision by Team Leader – HR & Admin
Duration: 10 Month contract.
Contract: This position is graded as G5 (NM-H) for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo