CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Our client is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. Our client implements primary healthcare service programmes in Dollow. Our client provides technical and operational support for service delivery at static health facilities and mobile medical clinics.
In this context, our client is recruiting a Health Programme Assistant (Nurse) based in Dollow to strengthen quality of healthcare service delivery and community outreach services in static and mobile clinics.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Health Programme Officer, and under the overall supervision of the Health Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and strengthening our client’s health programming in Dollow, including quality control of healthcare services at our client’s-supported clinics, capacity building of seconded Ministry of Health clinical staff, administrative and financial support to enable programme implementation, liaising with Ministry of Health and other government counterparts, and supporting new initiatives such as expansion of immunization services, expansion of nutrition programming, and community health initiatives to improve health outcomes and prevent disease outbreaks.
• A minimum of five years of experience working in emergency and/or community development in an aid organization in Somalia and/or with Somali migrants and mobile populations. Experience with an international organization is an advantage.
• High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience in capacity building of health workers in clinical service provision.
• Experience in project management and start-up of new projects.
• Experience in effectively liaising with government and local authorities.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of project performance
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet applications.
• Ability to work independently with limited day-to-day operational support
• Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and IDPs is an advantage
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of our client
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable