Project Holder: Ministry of Health
Project: Sool and Sanaag Health Project
Fund: Somaliland Development Fund
IFA Title: Consulting opportunity for Financial Management Expert for Capacity Assessment of Las Anod and Erigavo Hospitals, Somaliland
IFA No. : P235
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 – year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of the Sool and Health Project implemented by the Ministry of Health in Somaliland. This project will re-activate these two hospitals through: 1) Capacity Development and System building 2) Rehabilitation of the Infrastructure, re-equipping and resupply of essential medicines, 3) Development of management and quality assurance systems and policies and 4) financial support (gradually reducing) to salaries, supplies and running costs for a period of one and half years in Las Anod and Erigavo Hospitals of Sool and Sanaag regions of Somaliland. The MoH intends to use a part of the funding for engage the services of a Financial Management Expert to assist the Ministry in conducting a capacity assessment the two hospitals. The Financial Management Expert will work in a team of four experts led by a Team Leader who is a clinical Expert. The other members of the team are a Human Resources Expert and a Pharmaceutical & Medical Equipment Expert.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified professionals to apply for this assignment.
The expert will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounts, business administration with financial management or related discipline;
· Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English;
· Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills; and
· Excellent knowledge of budget and account management soft wares
General professional experience
· At least 10 years working in finance manager/accounts officer in government set up, private or corporate sector preferably in a hospital; and
· Experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states.
Specific professional experience
· At least 5 years’ experience conducting financial assessments in public sector organisations. Experience with hospitals organisational financial assessment will be added advantage; and
· Should have established at least one account and budget management system in health care industry.
· Having 2 year experience in capacity development and training in financial management and budgeting