FINANCE COORDINATOR – BRCiS & ECHO – BUDGETING AND DONOR REPORTING – Mogadishu – Somali Nationals Only.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Director – BRCiS and ECHO programmes
Dimension of Role:
Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia/Somaliland and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget turnover, more than 70 active awards at any time and over 650 staff.
Number of direct reports:** None
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree in Accounting and/or Professional qualifications
* At least 3 year’s INGOs experience especially in complex budget setting, monitoring and financial accounting.
* Proven experience to help facilitate a smooth audit process and work efficiently with external auditors
* Proven skills on managing changes, achieving results, ensuring quality, team building and capacity building.
* Strong computer skills, especially in computerised accounting packages such as AGRESSO
* Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
* Willingness to travel to field offices regularly
* Experience of working in a busy INGO environment preferably outside of own country
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 18th April 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents