Education Project Officer – Baidao – Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Project officer –Education under the guidance of the Education project Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of education project in line with and agreed plan of action and budget, donor, SC and government policies, requirements and procedures.
Duration: 10 Months with the possibility of extension of extension
Location: Baidao- Somalia
Qualifications and Experience
* Diploma or Bachelor degree in education or a related field with additional training in education planning and management and project planning and management techniques
* Knowledge of current national international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models
* Recommended a minimum of 2 three years of relevant experience in similar position
* Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff
* Ability to write quality narrative donor report
* Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
* Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
* Fluency in English, both verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali( Understanding of Afmay language is added advantage, required
* Commitment to Save the Children values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at Application will be close on 2nd March 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents