Project Holder: Ministry of National Planning and Development (MoNPD)
Project: Development Communications Project
Fund: Somaliland Development Fund
IFA Title: Design and Graphics Expert
IFA No.: P236
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Royal Norwegian Embassy and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The management of the SDF Secretariat has been contracted to BMB Mott MacDonald, an international consulting company, which is responsible for the management of the fund on behalf of the Government of Somaliland and the donors. The SDF has allocated funding for the implementation of the Development Communications Project in Somaliland implemented by the Ministry of National Planning and Development (MoNPD). The MoNPD intends to use part of the funding to engage the services of a Design and Graphics Expert to design and deliver a graphics and design training programme for the Communication Hub Project staff.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from Design and Graphics Experts for this assignment.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
Qualifications and skills
· At least a Bachelor Degree in Communications, Information Technology or Graphics and Design. In the absence of a Bachelor Degree, qualified candidates with a Higher Diploma with at least 5 years’ experience will be considered;
· Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
· Excellent training facilitation skills.
General professional experience
· At least 5 years of experience as a practitioner in graphics and design (with emphasis on production of information and communication material i.e. brochure, booklet, magazine, illustrations etc.).
Specific professional requirements
· Excellent proven advanced skills and proficiency in use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign as demonstrated through a sample brochure or leaflet or magazine bearing his/her name with quality output;
· Conducted at least 3 relevant training in the last two years. N.B. Names and addresses of 3 companies/organizations who can provide references on the candidates suitability for the activities in the TOR should be provided with the application.