REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS TO CONDUCT BASELINE ASSESSMENT
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit a consultant to conduct baseline assessment in Banadir, Jubbaland, South West, Hir-Shabelle and Galmudug states of Somalia.**
The purpose of the consultancy is to generate comprehensive baseline information on the current education services in the project’s implementation locations in Federal Government of Somalia and Member States. The information will inform MYRP education programming in these regions and support implementing partners to understand and monitor the progress and results of their education interventions in the regions.
The overall objective of the baseline survey is to generate baseline data, both qualitative and quantitative, by analyzing it to provide statistical information that will set benchmarks for the project’s take off and provide the overall direction based on the present provision of education services in south central Somalia.
The specific objectives of the consultancy are to:
Impart education project staff and Ministry staff in the target regions and partners participating in the baseline survey with relevant skills in collecting and analyzing data and effectively reporting on resilient education baseline surveys. This will be gained through training and working together with staff and partners during the consultancy.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultancy falls under the ECW MYRP project funded by Education Cannot Wait, implemented by ADRA (Grantee), Concern Worldwide, Africa Education Trust (AET) and FENPS, local NGO. in partnership with the Federal Ministry for Education, Culture and Higher Education in Mogadishu, and regional administrations of Jubbaland, Southwest, Hirshabelle and Galmudug.
The consultant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
Profile of the consultant
· Post graduate degree in education from a recognized institution of higher learning.
· Extensive experience in research including designing and conducting (education) baseline surveys.
· Knowledge and experience of using participatory methodologies in monitoring and evaluation of education work in a developing country context.
· Knowledge and understanding of emergency education management systems.
· Proficiency in computer skills.
· Understanding of education in a developing country.
· Excellent facilitation and report writing skills in English language.
· Extensive experience of delivering training workshops.
· Familiarity with the Somali context and education sector in particular.
· Experience of working in a politically insecure environment.
· Familiarity with donor funded education programmes in Somalia.
· Familiarity with previous work of similar nature will be an added advantage.