OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Objective: Support in establishing and operationalize the Migration Response Centre in Mogadishu through assessments and establishment of SOPs and referral pathway
Target: Migration Response Centre facility in Mogadishu
IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing:
Launched in October 2019 with funding from the Migration Resource Allocation Committee (MIRAC) ,the project ‘Strengthening capacity to respond to the needs of vulnerable migrants in migrant response centres (MRCs) in the East and Horn of Africa’, seeks to enhance the IOM regional response to mixed migration flows in the Horn of Africa through strengthening the capacity of Migration Response Centres (MRCs) to identify, refer and provide direct assistance to vulnerable migrants. The proposed project builds on and complements the work begun under the EU-REINTEG programme ‘FLASH’ and will be further harmonised and substantiated through the EU-IOM Joint Initiative (JI) for Migrant Protection and Reintegration Programme, funded by the European Union Trust Fund (EUTF) for a more robust approach to responding to mixed migration dynamics in the region.
In the framework of this programme, IOM jointly with the Benadir Regional Administration and the Federal Government of Somalia, intends to operationalize a Migration Response Centre (MRC) in Mogadishu, Hamarweyne district. The overall purpose of the MRC is to serve as a one-stop point for vulnerable returnees and transiting migrants, including victims of trafficking (VOTs), in need of information and protection related services. The MRC is to provide its clients with direct assistance, information, counselling and referrals, where needed. The MRC will also play a role in promoting the sustainable reintegration of those assisted with Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR). The construction of the building has been completed and this consultancy, under the Department for Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA), will serve to make the necessary preparations for its operationalization.
Task to be performed Tangible/measurable outputs Delivery Date
Assessment Report Week 2-3
Assessment Report Week 2-3
Service Matrix Week 2-3
SOPs and Referral Pathway Week 4-6
Staffing structure Week 4-6
Pathways and cooperation Week 4-6
Draft PIA Week 4-6
Outreach and Awareness Raising Plan Week 4-6
Roll out of workshop Week 7
Report Week 8
§ Master’s degree in Political, Social Science, International Relations, Law, Labour relations and/or Bachelor’s degree in Political, Social Science, International Relations, Law, Labour relations.
§ Minimum of 7 years of demonstrable relevant Migration experience and/or minimum of 7 years of demonstrable relevant Training experience.
§ Minimum of 7 year of experience in Africa (essential).
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
· Master’s degree in Political, Social Science, International Relations, Law, Labour relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
· University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in Migration Governance, Migration Management, Migration and Development – in particular in the realm of response or transit centres, direct assistance to vulnerable migrants, return migration and human trafficking;
· Experience on institutional-capacity building;
· Knowledge of East and Horn of Africa, and the migratory patterns and flows in Somalia in particular;
· Experience in implementation and monitoring programme activities, specifically direct assistance;
· Experience in designing and carrying out specialized trainings to government stakeholders and local authorities specifically on migrant protection.
· Strong computer skills, specifically hands-on experience in usage of MS Office.
Other relevant information:
To be advised