Project Holder: Ministry of Agriculture
Project: Maroodijeh Soil and Water Conservation Project
Fund: Somaliland Development Fund
IFA Title: Opportunity for a Construction Supervisor for Aburin Research Centre
IFA No.: P101
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 – year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The fund finances implementation of projects proposed and designed by Government of Somaliland line ministries which are aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP) and the specific ministries strategies. The management of the SDF Secretariat has been contracted to BMB Mott MacDonald, an international consulting company, which is responsible for both the strategic and day – to – day management of the fund on behalf of the Government of Somaliland and the donors. Among the beneficiary agency is the Ministry of Agriculture.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) for implementation of the a Soil and Water Conservation project in the Marodijeh Upper Catchment (MUC), a watershed area that drains into the western catchment of the Marodijeh dry river. As a part of its objectives, the project seeks to re-establish Aburin Research Centre in Maroodijeh by construction of modern facilities for conducting adaptive agricultural research. The actual work will involve construction of agricultural laboratory, demonstration of trail plots, renovation of existing buildings, construction Male and female dormitories and construction Basket and volley ball playground. To achieve this, the project seeks to recruit a Construction Supervisor to assist the MoA in the day to day supervision of construction work in Aburin.
On behalf of the Ministry of Agriculture, Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Construction Supervision candidates who meet the outlined criteria apply for this assignment.
The Construction Supervisor will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
· At least a Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or any other equivalent qualification;
· At least 3 years’ experience of contract administration and management of all civil, water and electric works.
· Ability to interpret technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and setting out the buildings as per drawings
· At least 3 years’ experience in Construction Management/supervision work and in co-ordinating all technical aspects of contracts supervision and management;
· 3 year experience in review and certification of quality of construction materials procured by contractor for compliance with the BOQ and specifications.
· Experience in measurement and certification of Civil Works for new works and/or rehabilitation works and checking work quantity reported by contractor for Interim Payment Certificates (IPC).;
· Experience in Site supervision, record keeping of work progress, monitoring and assessment of contractors work plan (Planned Vs Achieved), measuring completed works against planned works, and making recommendations on remedial corrections to be taken.
· Review and approval of key stages of progress such as reinforcement for slabs and placing and casting of concrete works.
· Have the experience in Tracking timescales and specifications.
· Have strong Report writing Skills.
· Experience working with donor funded construction projects is preferred;
· Good communication skills, strong interpersonal and negotiations skills;
· Evidence of supervision of at least one completed construction site;
· High ethical and professional standards and ability to work under pressure with willing to work long hours;
· Team player with service oriented attitudes;
· Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in demanding and fast-paced environment with short deadlines; and
· Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD.