OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Our client is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, Our client provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, our client offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, our client makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
The community liaison officer will be responsible for the day to day liaison and community engagement/ communications for the programme in each sphere of responsibility, and will be reporting directly to the Project Manager. The Community Liaison Officer role shall perform the duties and responsibilities listed below and will deliver expected results.
The Community Liaison Officer will report directly to the Project Manager.
The role does not have any team management responsibility.
§ Bachelor’s degree in in Economics and or Public Administration..
§ Minimum of 15 years of demonstrable relevant Economic Recovery experience and/or minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Community Development experience.
§ Minimum of 2 years of experience in Africa (desirable).
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Public Administration.
• Over 15 years’ experience in working with Somali national organizations that are contributing to the reconstruction and development in Somalia is a minimum requirement.
• Experience in highway infrastructure development projects within Mogadishu.
• Senior level public administration and management experience within municipality and national government.
• Project administration experience is a minimum requirement.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in communication and liaison, interpreting/translation related fields required.
• Prior experience with UN agency is a minimum requirement.
Fluent in English and Somali languages.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
• Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, government officials, community representatives and contractors.
• Self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules.
• Strong community liaison, mobilization and negotiation skills required.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Applications required.
• Fluent in both oral and written Somali and English.
• Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment.
• Strong communications skills and ability to work with a team to achieve organizational goals.
• Good negotiation skills, and the ability to bring consensus among people.
• Effective Report and writing skills essential.
Other relevant information:
To be advised.