Project Holder: Ministry of Health
Project: Sool and Sanaag Health Project
Fund: Somaliland Development Fund
IFA Title: Consulting opportunity for Clinical Expert/Team Leader for Capacity Assessment of Las Anod and Erigavo Hospitals, Somaliland
IFA No.: P232
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 – year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of the Sool and Health Project implemented by the Ministry of Health in Somaliland. This project will re-activate these two hospitals through: 1) Capacity Development and System building 2) Rehabilitation of the Infrastructure, re-equipping and resupply of essential medicines, 3) Development of management and quality assurance systems and policies and 4) financial support (gradually reducing) to salaries, supplies and running costs for a period of one and half years in Las Anod and Erigavo Hospitals of Sool and Sanaag regions of Somaliland. The MoH intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of a Clinical Expert/Team Leader to assist the Ministry in conducting a capacity assessment the two hospitals. The Team Leader will lead three other experts (Human Resources, Pharmaceutical/Medical Equipment and Financial Management) in conducting the capacity assessment.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified professionals to apply for this assignment.
The expert will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in medicine and a management degree in health administration.
· Fluency in English.
· Somali will be an added advantage.
· Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
General professional experience
· Minimum of 12 years’ experience working as a Senior Hospital Manager responsible for ensuring clinical, paramedics, HIMS, human resources and financial management; and
· Experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states.
Specific professional experience
· At least 7 years of proven experience in conducting health systems assessments; especially in the hospitals.
· Having established and managed clinical, diagnostic and pharmaceutical departments for 3 years.
· Having conducted at least 2 assessments similar to the one proposed in these ToRs; and
· Experience in operationalising or restructuring hospitals in rural areas.