Position: Child Protection/CAAC Caseworker
Job site: Baidoa
Report to: Baidoa Child Protection Officer & Child Protection Field Coordinator
Duration: 8 Months
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people affected by natural disasters and conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. In Somalia INTERSOS is active since 1992 responding to emergencies that involve IDPs and returnees populations as well as the host community. INTERSOS currently operates in Banadir, Bay, Middle Shabelle and Mudug regions of Somalia.
The Child Protection case worker will be responsible for identification, documentation, tracing and reunification of and reintegration of vulnerable children and their families and offers basic emotional support to vulnerable target populations.
· Participate in training CM process, including BIA, BID, CM meeting, follow up and MA on child protection, CAAC and use of the CPIMS
· Case management and follow up of cases related to UASC after Identification and documentation, including continuous basic emotional support;
Once the cases is detected the case workers is expected to purse the following:
g. Final follow up (Confirm the sustainability of preferred durable solution)
· Conduct Best Interests Assessments and participate in Best Interest Determinations for UASC
· Map and utilise referral networks in each location depending on good knowledge and coordination with other Child Protection service providers and stakeholders to be able to well-inform the client on the various services providers and to make appropriate referral system
· Maintain daily contact with community focal points and child protection (including GBV and child protection advocates), community-based health and nutrition workers, Education and WASH staff and conduct regular community visits as part of the INTERSOS protection team outreach
· Assist in the revision and implementation of the SOPs on CAAC
· Conduct awareness sessions with relevant stakeholders on child protection and CAAC
· Prepare CP and CAAC awareness work plan together with the Team Leader, the CAAC field Coordinator, and the PM.
· Support the CP/CAAC Coordinator; the Field Manager and the CAAC/CP PM reporting officer in writing monthly report with the analyses of the CAAC/CP cases and respect deadline for the delivering of monthly report or any kind of urgent report.
· Commit to Intersos’ Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and Data protection protocols.
· Other duties as required by line manager
Qualifications and experience required:
Ø Minimum grade 8 certificate, previous minimum one year experience as a social worker or case worker with International and national organizations;
Ø Educational qualification as Teacher, Nurse or Midwife preferred;
Ø Knowledge of community resources and referral pathway
Ø Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
Ø Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
Ø Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team;
Ø Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
Ø Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems;
Ø Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
Ø Computer literate (Word and Excel) preferred;
Ø Fluency in Somali and English language;
Ø Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.