DIALOG FORENING (DF) is a development, humanitarian as well as stabilisation and campaigning organisation dedicated to finding lasting solutions to poverty and suffering in Somalia. We believe that every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity and we work with poor communities, IDPs, returnees, youth groups, volunteers, and supporters to help this become a reality.
Dialog Forening is established in Norway in 2003. After years of the Diaspora coordination meetings of how they can participate supporting the vulnerable community in Somalia. The organisation start working in Somalia in 2008.
Dialog Forening Somalia desires to hire a qualified and experienced professional to fill the position of Child Protection Officer in Kismayo, Jubaland State of Somalia.
Location: Kismayo, Jubaland State of Somalia.
· Oversee day to day management of children centre
· Train Child Support Committees/ Volunteers on child protection
· Facilitate parents/care training/meetings/dialogue on child protection
· Train volunteers and other staff working in the children centre
· Carry out periodic community dialogue on child protection
· Support youth to carry out child protection awareness campaigns
· Train stakeholders and staff child protection case management
· Guide and support with reporting, referral of child protection incidents
· Work with partners and government to assure child protection
· Produce project reports on monthly and quarterly basis
· Produce activity reports e.g. training reports
· Document and share promising child protection practices
· Monitor protection issues for boys and girls
· Represent Dialog Forening in district coordination meetings in the child protection government, cluster/ working groups etc.
· Network with INGOs, NGOs, the UN, and local government authorities in order to inform them of Dialog Forening work.
· Execute other duties as signed by the supervisor.
· Degree or Diploma education.
· Technical Training qualifications in protection or peace building will be added advantage
· He/she should demonstrate at least 3 years working experience in humanitarian field
· Demonstrated professional leadership
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Somali, to deliver reports and documents.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with various stakeholders and to express concisely and clearly ideas and concepts.
· Have excellent participatory and interactive skills.
· Good computer skill, with familiarity of MS Office (word, excel, access, PowerPoint and outlook)
Key Behaviours & Abilities
· Ability to live and productively work in Somalia.
· Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player
· Additional qualities: flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity, and abilities to multitask, handle pressure well, and improvise.
· 3 years of experience or more in related job of child protection is desirable
· Excellent skills in English and Somali.
· Keen interest and enthusiasm in working for and with children
· Report-writing skills.
· Ability to work with and engage with children.
· Team skills
· Willingness to learn and collaborate with other stakeholders (parents, IDPs, children, child protection committees, other organizations and local government)
· Comply with Dialog Forening’s child protection policy and code of conduct as well as the inter agency standards.
· Monitoring and evaluation skills
· Familiar with the child protection issues in Somalia, and ability to interact with people at all levels, individually and/or in groups.