To mitigate the impact of the economic downturn on the most vulnerable and to make sure that no one is left behind, the UN developed a Technical Assistance Package (TAP) in February 2019.
The TAP is based on global best practices that have the potential to respond to the needs in Iran. For example, the combination of social protection and employment generation practices which can be highly effective to address the most urgent needs of the vulnerable. Drawing on global good practices corresponds at the same time with the UN’s commitment to support South-South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC). In Iran, SSTC is one of the key strategies for the UNDAF (2012-2017) implementation and a central part of the country programme documents and projects of the UN specialized agencies, funds and programmes operating in Iran.
Thus, in support of the TAP and to further enhance the SSTC approach of the UN in Iran, the UN Resident Coordinator Office is conducting a mapping exercise on socio-economic development good practices to compile and consolidate in a repository the TAP global good practices. The Resident Coordinator, therefore, wishes to hire an intern to support the Economist Officer in this regard.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN RCO Economist the intern will assist in the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities
Compile and consolidate in a repository the TAP global good practices with focus on socio-economic development: 80%
• Compile global good practices in the area of socio-economic development by reviewing relevant materials and documents;
• Compile indicators of global good practices on socio-economic development;
• Analyze global good practices in socio-economic development with regard to their relevance and the possibility to utilization in Iran and provide the Resident Coordinator and UNCT with an evidence-based report;
• Attend related SSTC workshops in Iran.
Provide support and assistance in knowledge management and inhouse capacity building regarding global good practices in the area of socio-economic development: 15%
• Provide assistance in drafting high quality reference documents, briefing papers and proposals to share knowledge, build inhouse capacity and reach a common understanding regarding best practices in socio-economic development for Iran capacity to further enhance the integration of SSTC approach as cross cutting theme into UN facilitated activities in Iran, especially the ones related to the TAP, which aims at mitigating the impact of sanctions on the most vulnerable;
• Brief colleagues on global good practices on socio-economic development.
Other: 5 %
• Support other/ad hoc activities as seen relevant and needed.