Project Officer, Baidoa – Somalia (1 Position)
Baidoa (South West State)
locally hired position
Area of Operation:
South West State of Somalia
Starting in May 2020, one year with the possibility of extension
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organization with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realize our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
· To contribute to the documentation of good practices– case studies, successful programming approaches and lessons learnt
· Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Manager
· Minimum of 2 years working experience in humanitarian and development aid with experience working on P/CVE projects.
· Experience in DDR would be an asset.
· Proven strong knowledge of implementing rehabilitation projects.
· Ability to work independently
· High analytical and solution-oriented thinking
· Ability to work in a high-risk security area
· Relevant experience in fragile context and community mobilization
· Knowledge of CVE, is a requirement
· Good knowledge of Bay region and Mai dialect is an asset
· Proficiency in English (oral and written).
· Strong and proven knowledge in Excel, word and power point is required.
· University degree in social Sciences or any other related field.