With the overall aim to support progress towards Universal Health Coverage and promote good practices in health financing, as well policies to reduce people suffering from financial hardship, the incumbent will coordinate and prepare with counterparts (internal and external) specific input to national plans on health financing and works with institutions related to health financing. The technical support within the framework of the BCA (Biennial Collaborative Agreement) and within the overall vision outlined in Health 2020 framework adopted by the Regional Committee, in the implementation of the WHO Country Office`s in Ukraine core and project related activities, with focus on health financing.
1. To support the effective implementation of WHO activities related to strengthening the health financing and service delivery functions of the health system, as programmed in the Biannual Collaborative Agreement (BCA), including support to activities on health sector coordination and policy dialogue.
2. To organize or assist in receiving, giving functional shelter, channelling and supporting all types of WHO presence, visits and missions in the country, and monitor and follow-up the recommendations to ensure change.
3. To support and contribute to identification of areas for collaboration with the country, capacity building needs, priority health areas to be addressed by the BCA and projects, and to provide relevant technical support in health financing and health system strengthening, in collaboration with colleagues as needed.
4. To collect information, analyse, prepare and contribute in a regular and timely manner to various types of materials, reports and situation analyses related to health financing, health system and coordination needs in the country.
5. To assist and contribute in certifying the correct, high technical quality, policy relevant and timely implementation of all tasks and activities, including technical assistance, support to policy dialogue and capacity building, carried out under the donor financed initiatives or in agreed partnerships with partners at country level.
6. To support the Ministry, National Health Service and other partners in developing, implementing and evaluating national strategies and policies on improving health system performance and health financing both at national and sub-national level.
7. To engage with other initiatives at country level, including those addressing vertical programs from the universal health coverage, health financing and HSS lenses.
8. To maintain regular contacts with institutions and associations concerned with health financing, health sector development, including non-governmental agencies and scientific bodies for exchange of information in evaluation of health system’s performance and coordination of activities.
9. Plan, coordinate and monitor, in close coordination with WHO technical programmes, studies financed through WHO on health system, health financing, service coverage, official development assistance (ODA) and aid efficiency etc. to support the monitoring and evaluation of reform agenda, and overall policy dialogue.
10. To support the project(s) implementation team and the other staff in the country office in their development and back them up when needed, to ensure a smooth and efficient implementation of BCA.
11. To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.