Title: MEAL Manager
Ref N: PROG/002/2020
No. of positions: 1
Location: Nairobi with frequent field visits in Kenya/Somalia
Reports to: Kenya Programme Coordinator and Regional Coordinator
Supervises: MEAL Officers
Start of work: 24th February 2020
Duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal
CISP is an equal employment opportunity employer with its Headquarters in Rome. Currently CISP has various field offices in Kenya and Somali, including a Regional office in Nairobi. CISP carries out projects in areas of development by supporting National and County Authorities to provide quality, equitable, transparent and accountable services in the sectors of Health and Nutrition, Higher Education, Child Protection and Governance.
CISP is currently seeking an experienced MEAL specialist to join the East Africa office as a MEAL Manager to be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to field offices and project sites in Kenya and Somalia. The MEAL Manager will serve as CISP’s focal point for MEAL systems and tools building, data management, monitoring and evaluation of projects, MEAL budgeting, recruitment, support for proposal writing and log frame development, capacity building for CISP staff and consortium partners, and accountability and learning in Child Protection, Nutrition, WASH, Food Security, Education and other sectors for the East Africa program portfolio.
MEAL System Design and Implementation
• Ensure that MEAL is an integral part of program design through supporting in proposal development, including through developing MEAL plans, Log Frames, capturing lessons learned from previous programs and ensuring that MEAL resources are adequately captured.
Capacity Building and Learning
• Maintain a central database of accurate data capturing all projects for easy retrieval, extraction and analysis to support program team
• Prepare and share monthly/quarterly MEAL statistics with project managers
• Establish an inventory of reliable, secondary data sources of key statistics to contribute to program design and MEAL.
• Oversee quality assurance of all field data collection exercises, data management and analysis and develop new methods and approaches to data collection.
• Routinely perform quality control checks of MEAL work, overseeing the recording and reporting of progress and performance of operation compared to targets.
• Prioritize integrity of data and reports support the project staff in upholding their accuracy and validity to the utmost standard, including through identifying potential ruptures in data integrity and applying corrective measures.
• Produce reports on the findings of assessments and surveys (such as baseline/ending, KAP surveys, client satisfaction surveys, social norms assessments, household surveys, internal evaluations, etc.)
• Produce regular monitoring reports on results of implementation progress including data analysis.
• Ensure quality and timely reporting on MEAL-related issues in the external/donor reports.
• Support project team in the development and adoption of guidelines for reporting.
• Support in the entry, cleaning and consolidation of data collected at the field level.
Coordination & Representation
Qualification and Experience
· Master’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics or related field
· At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of MEAL in emergency and development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN agencies
· At least 7 years of experience in humanitarian/development programming with technical knowledge of Child Protection, Food Security, Agriculture, Nutrition, WASH and Education sectors
· Demonstrable experience in MEAL systems building, designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
· Experience in designing and undertaking assessments and surveys and processing and analyzing data
· Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software
How to apply:
Please send your application by e-mail to Human resource [email protected] clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position and your expected remuneration, no later than 18th February 2020 by 5.00pm (EAT). For more information about this position, you can contact us through the same email address.
Email subject: “Application for the position of MEAL Manager”.
Application to include ALL the following:
CV (not exceeding 4 pages), including 3 references contacts with official email addresses.
Cover letter (1 page maximum)
Duly filled Job Application Form (Attached/linked herein)
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CISP, please visit www.cisp-ngo.org .
CISP is strongly committed to ending Child Abuse, all forms of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, and to building a work environment that is safe and welcoming for all, where Sexual Harassment does not take place. The desired candidate for any position should share and support this commitment in all aspects of their personal and professional behaviour. Any history implicating that the applicant has a history of Child Abuse, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, or Sexual Harassment, is a reason for excluding him or her from employment with CISP.