Duration: 12 Months renewable
Station; Garowe – PUNTLAND with travel to Nairobi and other regions- 30%.
Security Risk Level -Medium Risky
Start Date: 01.08.2019
CEFA (The European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is an Italian Non-Governmental Organization established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium- and long-term interventions in agricultural, environmental and Human Rights sector are focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by involving local counterparts and by promoting the active participation of the beneficiaries.
Objective of the position;
CEFA – Recently has been awarded by IFAD (International Fund For Agricultural Development) – a food security grant in Somalia to support Garowe – Puntland area the FSSFS- Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations project.
To achieve this CEFA will work closely with the local government/authorities and other partners during implementation. CEFA then requires a highly competent Area Manager to support the day today project activities implementation at the field level ensuring close coordination with stakeholders and project oversight during this period.
This position is also required to oversight logistics and security of the region, staff and expatriates providing strong analysis and recommendations including providing periodic reports and managing CEFA missions in the regions.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator and in liaison with the Regional Coordinator the position will support and oversight the project implementation management and oversight reporting of the FSSFS Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situation project in Garowe Puntland.
· Provide high level liaison and coordination services with NGOs and other relevant actors as CEFA representatives in the area of operations.
· Providing timely support on any security and safety related issues to all staff and expatriates and cascading information to Nairobi when necessary.
· In-charge of daily project implementation at local level including work plan development, support to procurement and office administration.
· Directly responsible for the setup of and management get of the guesthouse in Garowe.
· Working closely with program coordinator to provide narrative and donor reports in close collaboration with the M&E officer.
· Responsible for the production of high quality reports and analysis with his team in close collaboration.
· Managing missions by donors, and other CEFA stakeholders in the region
· Representing CEFA in key coordination meetings, advocacy and networking meetings.
· Scoping for new analysis and prospects in the regions to complement current projects.
· Providing quarterly detailed work plans to implement activities which address identified Sustainable agriculture development needs of project participants, families and communities.
· Coordinating and participating in implementation and follow-up, trainings for staff/partners and to the selected farmer groups or associations and advice on any other emerging development needs.
· Ensure high quality monitoring and evaluation of the project FSSFS and generation of quality periodic reports, field observation reports and case studies in line with the IFAD guidelines and share these as appropriate.
· Documentation of success stories and case studies.
· Any other duty as may be required.
ü Attention to detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
ü Problem solving skills: Identifying problems and solutions to them.
ü Teamwork: Works cooperatively with members of the work team. Contributes to the development of a team environment where team members ultimately achieve established goals.
ü Analytical thinking: Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options and support sound decision making.
ü Interactive communication: Utilizes communication strategies in an effort to achieve common goals, influence and gain others’ support.
ü Written communication: Communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Ø Project planning: Defining, elaborating and prioritizing objectives, activities and milestones. Securing resources (people, material, information, budget and time).
Ø Monitoring, reporting, evaluating and adjusting plans as necessary.
Ø Resource Management: Assigning, measuring and controlling resources including budget, people and materials.
Desirable Qualities and Qualifications
· In depth and operational knowledge of the Somali context.
· Proven experience in high quality production of reports and analysis
· Proven experience in development and maintenance of multi-stakeholders’ networks
· Degree in the Agricultural, Water related and Project management sector.
· 5 – 8 years progressive experience in the non-development sector
· Demonstrate work in Somalia/Puntland
· Somali National
· Ability to travel to the field including Nairobi as desired.