Under the overall supervision of the UN Resident Coordinator, the qualified individual will develop content and design of the print-ready copy of a publication on achievements in the implementation of the 2016-2020 UNPFD including layout, design, photos and charts/infographics.
The document shall focus on:
1) achievements of the UN agencies in Turkmenistan and Turkmenistan’s international involvement within the frameworks of cooperation with the United Nations and its structural bodies; and
2) directions of future cooperation.
In addition, the publication aims to:
It will be a 30-50 page publication highlighting UN mission in Turkmenistan, 2016-2020 UNPFD activities and achievements in the country. The booklet will target key UN partners:
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Following the online meetings with the UN agencies and staff, the Consultant shall be tasked to accomplish the following expected deliverables:
The expected outputs are outlined below:
Time frame: Within 20 working days including online meetings with UN agencies
6. Prepare pre final print ready copy based on the feedback received from UN agencies in English;
7. Prepare final print ready copy based on the feedback received from UN agencies in English;
8. Prepare Turkmen and Russian versions using the final English publication upon receiving translation;
9. Provide PDF files for the web and native files of the publication in English, Russian and Turkmen languages.
Time frame: Within 35 working days including online meetings with UN agencies
The incumbent is expected to work on a daily basis in coordination with the UN Programme Communication and Advocacy Officer under the overall guidance of the UN Strategic Planning Officer and RCO Team Leader. She/he shall update the UN RCO the progress of implementation of the assignment. All organizational support and necessary meetings for the expert will be facilitated by the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office.
Duration of the Work
The duration of the assignment is 55 working days over 3 months but subject to the extension. The assignment shall start in January 2021 with the final, approved product to be submitted by March 30, 2021. The expert will have home-based work.
This is a lump sum contract that should include costs of consultancy and other costs required to produce the above deliverables. The final schedule will be agreed upon in the beginning of the consultancy.
Payment will be done in two installments based on the quality and timeliness of presented outputs after acceptance of them by the UN Country Team.
All costs related to the assignment will be covered through a special fund based on the agreement reached within the UNCT.