Overview of position
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM implements primary healthcare and nutrition activities in Sanaag region of Puntland, and is recruiting a Health Programme Assistant based in Dhahar town, in Sanaag to provide operational and technical support and daily management of mobile medical teams, static clinics and OTPs in Dhahar district (including Dhahar, Buran, Baragaha Qol) and neighboring areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, and under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager Migration Health, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and operational support to IOM’s health programming in Dhahar and surrounding areas, including quality control of healthcare services at IOM-supported clinics, capacity building of seconded Ministry of Health clinical staff, administrative and financial support to enable programme implementation, and liaising with Ministry of Health and other government counterparts
Migration Health Officer
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
• Strong strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other units, implementing partners, NGOs and government departments, particularly in Somalia.
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
• Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
• Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds.
• Ability to work under difficult conditions and outside normal working hours while maintaining security awareness
• Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies;
• Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs;
• Monitors own work to correct errors;
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings;
• Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
• Contributes to colleagues’ learning;
• Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
• Actively shares relevant information;
• Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
• Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Masters subject matter related to responsibilities;
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
• Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress;
• Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
• Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment;
• Contributes to, and follows team objectives;
Actively supports and implements final group decisions
Subject to security vetting clearance from NISA, Medical clearance and holding a valid of somali passport/National ID.