Overview of position
Our clients DDRR program is a key component of their peacebuilding & stabilization portfolio that aims to increase Somalia’s resilience to destabilizing conditions & build national capacity towards sustained peace. The program aims to contribute to peace & improved security in Somalia through supporting the FGS’s national program on the treatment & handling of disengaged combatants & youth at risk (national program).
The client is recruiting a Consultant to improve and support the education curriculum at four Transition Centre’s and five Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in Somalia and assess the current gaps in programming and case worker capacity at the centres. The Consultant will develop the capacity of teachers and other staff at the centres, CBOs and government counterparts to implement the programme and report on progress.
This is a full-time position, based in Mogadishu, with frequent travel to Kismayo & Baidoa. The specific tasks include:
· Practical content.
· Examination requirements.
· Qualifications delivered to beneficiaries.
· Competence to be gained in the program.
· Accreditation given to beneficiaries.
· Sectors/Occupations in which practical vocational training is available.
This position will be under the technical supervision of Project Officer (Women Peace and Security) and the administrative supervision of Project Officer (DDRR).
• Master’s Degree in Education.
• Minimum of 7 year of experience in Africa (essential).
• A minimum of seven years of experience in education, with substantial experience in developing & rolling out training curriculum’s.
• Proved experience in working with adults with low literacy skills.
• Knowledge of religious education and gender programme.
• High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Excellent communication skills
This position has team management responsibility.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST UPLOAD THEIR CV AND PASSPORT COPY IN THEIR ONLINE APPLICATION PROFILES
This position is open for Somali Nationals and Somali Diaspora.