Human Appeal is a faith-based non-governmental and non-profit organisation that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Country Director to be based in Mogadishu and successfully lead and continue to expand our mission in Somalia, where we have built an excellent reputation for our work delivering food security and livelihoods, WASH and education programmes. This is a 12 month fixed term fixed term contract, with potential to become permanent. You will be reporting to Global Programmes Director in UK-HQ.
· $37,000- $45,000 gross annually with additional benefits such as local medical insurance.
· To provide overall management and leadership of region in accordance with organisational strategies, by actively networking with external stakeholders
· To explore potential resource and programme opportunities
· To appraise performances to ensure high quality of daily operations and projects
The Ideal Candidate
· Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English, Arabic and knowledge of Somali is an added advantage.
· At least 7 years of progressively responsible INGO work experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role at Country Director or Head of Missions level
· Ideally Masters degree in international relations theory, international political economy, international organization, foreign policy analysis or other related principles
· Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organization.
· Proven leadership and management experience with a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting, including active mentoring and coaching
· Proven experience delivering appropriate levels of oversight of a portfolio consisting of a variety of complex, high-value donor-funded projects
· Strong understanding of programmatic themes, in particular protection; shelter and NFIs; food security and livelihoods, WASH and education programmes.
· Demonstrable understanding of the humanitarian-development Nexus
· Extensive representation and fundraising success, including prior experience with UN, European, US and international donors
· Experience of managing security in a complex and rapidly changing security context
· Proven ability to negotiate and work with partner organizations. Experience with organizational capacity strengthening and partnership building helpful
· Strong budget and fiscal oversight capacities
· Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes
· Ability to work and live in a sometimes-insecure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Country Director, Director of Programme and Head of Mission to expand their portfolio of experience by leading a rapidly expanding operation with an impressive record of success and enviable international reputation!