Overview of position
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from the administrative manager (Administrative Assistant) with support from the program technical staff (Livelihood Team Leader, Livelihood Project Officer, Education Coordinator) and other staff. Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated by IOM and the government partner. IOM will undertake contracting obligations and remuneration in close collaboration with SWSS Ministry of Internal Security.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the role include:
Basic Computer Literacy and Graphic Design Teaching
Introduction to computers (Microsoft) and internet use (Google)
Introduction to typing
Introduction to Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, OutLook)
Digital illustration (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Create, update and maintain training materials, manuals, handouts, and practice exercises for efficient and effective delivery of the skills.
Develop hands on activities to help students learn technology and access it in a variety of ways and promote computer literacy through both one-on-one and group engagement, adapting resources to ensure all students are able to make progress.
Provide access to information resources through efficient and well guided systems for organising, retrieving and circulating resources and provide assistance to students in the effective use of these systems.
Ensure that the day to day administration of the information centre/library is efficient and that systems, resources and equipment are well maintained.
Maintain standardized student assessments and record keeping system for student progress and attendance; assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of students.
As per the TOR
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
As per the TOR