1. Terms of reference
15th Sept 2020
Senior Project Officer and Caseworkers Supervisor
2. Job description
A. General context of the project
General context of the project
Contribute to Improving the Protective Environment and access to child protection services for children affected by conflict and other emergency-affected populations in Somalia CSR SWA Bay region (Baidoa) and support to CPiE partners in Somalia.
B. General purpose of the position, responsibilities and tasks
General purpose of the position
The Child Protection/ Identification, Documentation, Tracing and Reunification case worker will be responsible for identification, documentation, tracing and reunification of Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASC) and their families and offers basic emotional support to vulnerable target populations, and supporting response to survivors of GBV.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Case management and follow up of cases related to UASC after Identification and documentation, including continuous basic emotional support. Once the cases is identified the case workers is expected to to provide case management based on a child-centred approach:
Create a climate of trust and care;
Introduction, Consent procedure
Rapid case assessment;
Comprehensive best interest assessment, case action planning and implementation;
3. Position requirements
· Minimum secondary school certificate, previous minimum one year experience as a social worker or case worker with International and national organizations; Former teacher, Nurse or Midwife preferred;
· Previous experience in the humanitarian field in an emergency context working for an NGO, preferably in the protection sector in Somalia;
· Two or more years work experience in for NGOs
· Experience in working with vulnerable community members especially children and women.
· Good analytical and report writing skills is desirable
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali (Maay-Maay) is essential;
As a general input to this section, not mandatory requirements are followed by the word ‘‘desirable’’ in brackets. All other requirements are considered as mandatory.